Robert Simandl, Esq., of the boutique law firm of the Simandl Law Group, S.C., will discuss the process currently utilized by the U.S. Department of Labor in the reviews and provide practical points for employers to internally review vulnerabilities and exposures to legal vulnerability. He will also discuss the steps employers should take in preparing for the IRS audit program currently being undertaken for overall benefit plan compliance and appropriate employee classification.
- Will you know what to do if the IRS/DOL comes knocking under the initiatives these agencies have adopted for confirming employee benefit plan compliance?
- Do you understand the DOL audit process and what to expect?
- Would a checklist be helpful?
- Are you confident your employees are classified correctly – not only as exempt or non-exempt, but also as “employee” versus “independent contractor?”
- Have you reviewed your Business Associate Agreement lately?
- Are your employees up to date on HIPAA training and prepared for the DOL compliance confirmation program?
- Have you reevaluated your HIPAA policy in today’s age of electronic transmissions?
- Are your voluntary benefits really ERISA exempt?